Saturday, November 19, 2011

Soul Journaling

New Project: Soul Journaling with an amazingly talented Sarah Whitmire on her blog CASPIANA.
This lady is a doll and she's is so creative! I am working on her free classes right now, and once I am done with those I will be moving on to her next paid class.


I had this book laying around that I had bought on a whim from Wal-Mart - it is roughly an 8 X 11. BIG white pages tend to make me very nervous but I can't help but feel excited as well for all the prospects of this book!


          


Whenever I first open a new book, my mind races with all the possibilities that these pages can hold. I get so excited with new ideas and the prospect of being able to work on all the projects I have been wanting to do.


                         
                         


Soul Journaling's first step was to glue random dictionary pages or book pages to a few of the pages in your journal, starting with the inside cover. On the cover and the first page I used a Farmer's Almanac, on the second and third page I used an old dictionary and on the next two pages I used pages from an old Twilight book (not my own, this one was given to me!).


I had a lot of fun just ripping and using my Modge Podge to paste the ripped pieces as I pleased. It is quite a calming practice.


                            


The second step to Soul Journaling was to use the prompt, "Today I feel," with a permanent black marker and fill up the pages that I glued ripped pages to. At first, I was like, "This is going to be difficult because today wasn't really exciting. I feel nothing." But once I actually got started, my marker couldn't keep up with the thoughts that were pouring out of my mind. Whenever I came to the end of a subject I just started the next sentence with, "Today I feel," and the words came rushing out again.




The next step was to cover the pages with gesso, which I happily did because I LOVE gesso.


I will be starting the "Claim Your Journal," step soon - probably as soon as I am done updating this! Sarah has the classes set up as daily activities. I mix things up however, and do some of Day 2 on Day 3 and ect. There are breaks between activities but not exactly how Sarah has them set up - which by her directions is okay. :) So these pictures are over the course of a couple of days.


I would love to have a tag like she has on her blog, but I don't think that I can get it until I actually pay for the classes, which is okay. So I will include a link to her blog so you can try it out too!


http://www.caspiana.com - This is her blog.
http://www.souljournaling.com - This is the Soul Journaling Free Classes and the links needed to get to her paid classes. And from what I've seen so far, it's going to be worth it - she's awesome!
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back. I look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't wait to post more!

    ReplyDelete