Friday, July 13, 2012

Pinterest Project - Canvas Quotes

Like everyone else in the nation of the internet, I have become addicted to Pinterest. I had a few canvas boards laying around so I grabbed on and some magazines and got to work.

I tore out only the brightest of colors in the pages of my magazines and used the mod podge to glue my scraps. I covered the entire canvas with the scraps. I then drew and cut out the letters to my favorite quote, "I have loves the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."





I taped the letters to the canvas board. In hind-sight - I will buy stickers instead or find a way to stick the letters I made completely to the board. If they lift up in the slightest paint gets under them. Also, the tape I used messed up some of the magazine papers. If anyone has suggestions, I am an open book! :)

Next I covered the canvas in regular black acrylic paint that I bought from Wal-Mart. Nothing fancy.




I slowly peeled the letters off after the board had completely dried and ta da! Not really perfect for my first go but I have more canvas to decorate! :) I could still go around the edges with a black paint marker and make the letters cleaner but I am afraid I might mess it up!




I challenge you guys to do a canvas of your own and share it with me. The whole process time only takes about an hr. For me, I start one thing and then drift off to something else so this was over a few days.

Have fun! 
-Ashley..

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment