Monday, July 30, 2012

Forever Young.


I found a few cute little cut outs from a magazine I had and a clip of an advertisement caught my eye. "Focus on forever young." This seemed very fitting because I have been wound up in the fact that I am getting older and I am still single and I feel like I haven't really gone anywhere in my life. Anyways, I cut out the girl and the flower from some other add and the windows reminded me of New York so I cut them out. I ended up not using them, however.


Since I was at work, I used only my Peerless Watercolors, a quarter, one of my Pigma 0.4mm pens and of course my mini mister and some clear gesso. I didn't really have an idea of what I wanted but it seems that I always drift to blues and greens. I threw in a shade of purple to off-set the blue & green. 








I just wanted a few dots and I colored those in with a yellow orange. I then turned the dots into flowers. I also used the "salt method" for the first time. For those of you who don't know, it's when you sprinkle some salt onto a wet page and let it sit for a bit. The salt soaks up the moister around each flake and it gives it an almost a ripely look.



I glued and pasted and here is my final product:

I like my choices and I might add some doodles or something but for now I love it. 

Also, I redid my Peerless Watercolor pallet since I added all of the original colors.
These are bad pictures but I love this new set up. In time I will go back and put a name beside each color.







                                            
                 




                                       

Pin It

3 comments: