Sunday, July 15, 2012

Screaming All Week


I have been trying to use more magazine clippings in my art journals. I find all these really interesting and beautiful pieces, but I always forget to use them while I am doodling away. Today, I changed all that. 

I started with a pink from my Peerless Watercolors batch. I sprayed the page with my mini mister and spread the color first with a brush and then mostly with my fingers. That is the thing with Peerless is a very little bit goes a REALLY long way. 






I then dribbled some blue to make it drip to the bottom of the page. For the yellow I wet my clear stamping block and put a little yellow on my brush. After the color was saturated on the block I just stamped it on the paper. I didn't really know what I was aiming for, but I loved the outcome. 










I added my picture, then some black neo color crayon around the outside. I smeared the crayon with my finger and a little water. The black birds on wires is paper tape from Michael's.














This is the finished product - the quote says, "There aren't just days that I feel like screaming, there are weeks. I added some white scallops to the top and didn't really like them so I went over it with a yellow neo-crayon. I added more tape to the top to fill in the space. Also, I didn't like the way my cursive LIKE looked so I cut out some magazine letters. All in all, I love this page.


I was having a hard time deciding a quote to write and the girls in my 21 Secrets group on Facebook told me to write what I was feeling - so I did. It was amazing how exhilarated I felt after I wrote exactly what I was feeling. There was no particular reason for me to be screaming, but I just saw the picture and I knew that is what I wanted to write.




                        Molly was clearly bored with all of my art decisions.


Happy Journaling!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment